When me and Will were walking in the city this past weekend, we overheard someone saying "I totally put that one in my queue" or something along those lines. It was just funny, because I remember when Netflix just started and now its like the main source of people's moving viewing. Hmphhhhhhhh.
Anyway, what I'm trying to get as is this fine documentary. Now you see, me and Netflix can be a not so good mixture. I wind up loading my "Queue" up with tons of films which eventually all get pushed to the bottom of the list and never get seen. So finally, I have allowed my list to work its way through, not adding any new ones, and this this find gem was next in line.
At first I thought I was ordering a film about this guy. This is a whole other story within itself and if you would like to watch a film about him, I recommend this movie. Interesting stuff.
OK now I'm going off subject. Well the movie wasn't about him but it was about this family that plays Christian Music, and were not talking about Celine Dion sort of Christian music, we are talking about Indie Christian music. Really refreshing interesting stuff. I am not religious myself, but I don't need to agree with someone's personal stance on anything to appreciate and enjoy their art.
Another cool thing about this family is their friends with Sufjan Stevens, another great Christian music Indie singer( huge fan of his music as well). He is also in the film and becomes a temporary band member while they go on tour.
So as you can see this is an all around must put in the "Queue" for all of you out there who enjoy a good music, artistic documentary.
Just a heads up:)
Anyway, what I'm trying to get as is this fine documentary. Now you see, me and Netflix can be a not so good mixture. I wind up loading my "Queue" up with tons of films which eventually all get pushed to the bottom of the list and never get seen. So finally, I have allowed my list to work its way through, not adding any new ones, and this this find gem was next in line.
At first I thought I was ordering a film about this guy. This is a whole other story within itself and if you would like to watch a film about him, I recommend this movie. Interesting stuff.
OK now I'm going off subject. Well the movie wasn't about him but it was about this family that plays Christian Music, and were not talking about Celine Dion sort of Christian music, we are talking about Indie Christian music. Really refreshing interesting stuff. I am not religious myself, but I don't need to agree with someone's personal stance on anything to appreciate and enjoy their art.
Another cool thing about this family is their friends with Sufjan Stevens, another great Christian music Indie singer( huge fan of his music as well). He is also in the film and becomes a temporary band member while they go on tour.
So as you can see this is an all around must put in the "Queue" for all of you out there who enjoy a good music, artistic documentary.
Just a heads up:)
1 comment:
It is in the queue! sounds very interesting... I always like seeing stuff like this.
Post a Comment