Wednesday, March 19, 2008

RVK layout number 2 "Secret Garden"


Moving right along:) Well I woke up this morning and started scrapping, after I did my morning duties of course! I am loving this kit so much, the colors remind me of Spring, exactly what we need on rainy days such as these.

So this time I used a Polaroid I had from my visit to the Oyster Bay Planting fields last summer, which by the way are beautiful. This particular image was just of a gorgeous iron gate we came across on our way through the park. I liked the way it photographed as a silhouette of just a floral design against the pale sky(yada yada yada) The gate led into this hidden sort of garden, HENCE the idea of this layout and quote!!!

"The secret garden is always open now. Open and awake, and alive. If you look the right way, you can see the whole world is a garden."

I played around with some gesso, yellow paint, and once again some hand doodling with my handy dandy felt tip pen. I used some buttons, some yellow thread for hand stitching and I cut out some of the K.I memories Star Lace Card stock, which I painted yellow. Hmmmmmm, oh and I used the Jenni Bowlin fancy square sort of paper for a template, so that my layout didn't have a plain square look to it. Did that make any sense at all??

Well then take a look for yourself???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twice the charm! Both are awesome and showcase your keen eye for design. I love the shape you chose for the second page. You go Paz!

Anonymous said...

this came out amazing, I love the colors. The whole design is great. Make me something!

Kara said...

Oh my gosh! I love your style. What a beautiful layout!

Anonymous said...

holy... this is amazing. Im totally in <3 w/your style!!! LOVES it!