Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When kids make birthday gifts

 
This past weekend we took my mom out for lunch. We chose Friendlys because we would be dining with two children and its just super kid friendly;)
 
My stepdaughter wanted to paint something for my mom as a gift, she loves to paint.
I had a few pieces of wood laying around thanks to my brother in law who is a carpenter.
 
I painted her hands purple and we did two simple hand prints on the wood which I had painted gold. I then dug into my button collection and embellished the hands which I then turned into flowers.  A half of a doily as sun with some more buttons in yellow and a simple banner from K.I and I called it a day.
 
On the back we wrote a personal message along with the date and age of my stepdaughter.  My mom loved it.  It was simple, sweet and a gift that shall be cherished for years to come! 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

 
 





 

No comments: