On Friday me and my friend went to NJ to see Beirut. It was a very interesting trip in deed, only an hour and some change away from us here on Long Island but a different world for us it seemed. I am not gonna get into it, not in the mood to offend anyone but perhaps it was the Friday the 13th and its supersticious elements. Or the New Yorker in me that is sometimes biased:)
*me and Sara on the way to show*
Later that evening we went and saw Beirut playing at Welmont Theater and it was amazing! The opening act was equally as good, she appeared to be a one woman act by the name of Lady Lamb the Beekeeper.
*Beirut from way up high but still good*
After the show we strolled on down to some bar, it was a strange bar but there were some local bands playing. One of them was a band called Black Water which we sort of befriended and got a ride home with. I always love going to new places and checking out what their music scene happens to be like and Friday night was one of those nights. Of course we love meeting and chatting with new people as well, so double score. One of the guys there had this crazy car that was painted to look like some sort of Tim Burton character, I tried to snap a picture with it and this was all I got................
Yup that is me trying to get a picture with his car, see my crazy face? You get the idea:)
All in all it was an interesting evening as usual. When me and Sara have an adventure, we have an adventure. On to the next one, next time.
Rolling along with the subject of friends, here is a layout I made with the Scrapbooking from the Inside out May kit. In this layout I used a picture of my sister and I back when I was probably around 3 years old. My sister and I have an 11 years age difference and only started becoming real close when I hit my twenties. Well let me take that back, our relationship has changed from me being the baby of the family to me being of equal to her. We talk about a lot more things, go shopping, the movies, travel and just have nights where we watch movies and drink wine. I cherish time with her and our true friendship. It is one that will last a lifetime no matter what.
The kit this month is full of mellow, pretty colors.
My favorite item from this kit has to be those pink Thickers. I love the font of them oh so much and could have used them on everything! Loved it all:)
I will be back tomorrow with a Friendship blog hop for SFTIO! Prizes to follow.







No comments:
Post a Comment