Goodness gracious! Its April already. I have no April fool's day tricks up my sleeve. I tried to do one on my sister but she just saw right through me. I kind of have my guard up for other jokesters or what have you. Only 7 hours to go and I am prank free:)
Today is the reveal day for Scrapbooking from The Inside out and our April kit.
This kit had some great papers to use, my favorite one was the peacock paper(Dorain Gray from the Classics collection) from American crafts.
I love the teal and yellow together, works well for me. I think I may have overused it or perhaps I did not. The theme this month is Resilience which of course can be journaled about in many different ways.
Here is a layout I did about Resilience and it has that peacock paper in it:)
The kit comes with those ballerina chip board pieces and I was a bit confused on how to use them. I am not a ballerina, I hardly dance, and I have no pictures of anyone dancing. But then I started to think about ballet dancers and their strength, how they devote themselves and just keep on going, pretty much keep on dancing through life. I had this picture of me and my two friend's and my one friend's daughter, and its just us goofing off. The three of us have been through a lot together and as individuals, we totally can be the definition of Resilience for sure. So in the end the ballerina pieces worked and I sprayed and dripped paint and I think it came together and expressed exactly what I wanted it to express.
In other scrappy news, the newest Creative Type prompt is up. This month it is Eat, Pray, Love.
(Layout by Danielle, love her)
Basically we want you to chose one of those words that represent you and use it in a layout. The design team came up with some great examples, so head on over and check it out and of course play along!





2 comments:
i really love your SFTIO layout! it's so fun...i love all teh papers you used and i think you used the chipboard ballerinas perfectly...i wouldn't have known what to do with them, either!
Oooh - I love your page!! :) Beautiful!
Post a Comment