Monday, March 28, 2011

drift wood painting

During St. Patrick's day weekend we spent time at my friend Erin's home over on the water in Mattituck.  After all of our fun shenanigans at the parade we headed home to spend some time out in the beautiful weather and continue painting on our drift wood.  It felt great to do other crafty things besides scrapping.  I used to be such a huge crafter when I was in my teen years and then when I went into my twenties I just continued on with painting and drawing here and there(mostly when I was down and out, trying to be that deep artist type, lol jk)  I do miss playing with paints and just making a mess.  I also notice that when I incorporate paint into my layouts now a days I feel like they reflect me more then before when I never added paint.

I do have an urge now to get a canvas and splash paint on it, make drips and splatters.  I want to continue on with an old journal and see  where it takes me.  I am a scrapper and well I am an artist as well.  You don't need a degree to call yourself an artist, its all in your heart and mind.  So for now I think I am just gonna continue on combining the two and dabbling more in art this Spring and Summer.  Having fun is where its at, right?!

Here is some drift wood that I had fun painting on......







And that is that for tonight:)


2 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Love it! So fun and colourful! Those scallops are so wonderful...might have to use that one myself! tee hee

I "dabble" in paints as well. I find that if I've lost my "scrap mojo" I pull out the paints and make a mess and I've got it back again!

Frank Zweegers said...

Nice works. Great idea.