Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb10 day 11

Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

This has been something on my mind a lot lately. In 2011 I need some big changes, this past year I have let things go by the wayside.

So 11 things, lets see.

1. My life does not need any extra weight! Geez louise. Shall I share a picture of old Patty.

And I will not even post a picture of the new Patty, oh no. So for 2011 I really do not need all that extra fat, sugar, calories. Non of it.

2. I do not need so much Internet, I am cutting back. I spend way to much time on the computer when I can be reading, listening to music, creating, spending time with my boyfriend. In 2011 I will not need that Internet app on my phone, oh no sir. I am getting rid of it, I am cutting the cord and I am going back to enjoying an hour a day or less of blog reading, blogging, Facebooking, twittering, all of those Internet time sucker uppers.

3. I am weeding out those people who just bring drama, who hardly talk to me, who just talk to me when they feel like they want to. Don't worry, its non of you, more like the people in my life out here. I just do not have the patience for playing along anymore.

4. I will not need as much caffeine. I am cutting back, ONE cup a day if at all. NO MORE STARBUCKS almost every day. Save the money, make your own. Maybe once a week if any of Starbucks. My money is going down the drain and my sleep is getting deprived.

5. Clutter, who needs it. I am making things simple. I am getting rid of a lot, it weighs me down, it makes me anxious. If its not getting used or worn, its gone! I feel the need to live a more simple life. It will help your health a whole bunch.

6. I will not need one single cigarette ever again, NOT even social. Why bother? Even just that one cigarette every few months is horrible for you. Do not fool yourself. ITS BAD! Bye bye social butts.

7. Alcohol. Alcohol makes you fat, it is so very bad for your health. We over do it on the weekends and at gatherings. NO MORE. I will limit myself to drinking only twice a month. And when I do drink, it will be in moderation. I have a beer belly, I will admit it. This is a very important thing to cut out.

8. Disorganization. Time for lists, goals, organization of financial things. No more being UN organized and stressed. I create to much anxiety for myself and its horrible. Its probably the reason I cannot fall asleep at night as well. I lay there thinking about things that need to get done.

9. Anything that is not water. No more soda, iced tea, lemonade, any sugary drinks. MORE WATER! I see it in my face, dry skin, over all health. I will limit myself to about 2 sugary drinks a month as a treat.

10. An empty wallet. Save more, spend less on useless things. No more buying lunches in the city. No more random magazines for the train. If its extra spending, then I do not need it.

11. Anymore new makeup, scrap supplies, art and craft supplies in general. Use what I have, be frugal. Treat myself to new stuff when the old stuff is gone. Be more aware what is being bought and for what purpose.

Phewwwwwww, that pretty much played out like a New Years resolution list, it really is though:) I killed two birds with one stone. Its like a relief though, and I hope that I can maintain and make a change.


<span class=

2 comments:

Bekka said...

Look at what I've been missing! I love this idea. And these are some great goals. PS - I drink lots more water when it's in a squirt bottle. I don't know why...easier...more fun...but it works for me. Sometimes it's all about discovering little tricks to make improvements.

cynthia said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Girl there is a reason we are pals!!! So much in common. I almost fell off my chair ! Thanks for sharing!!!! It is good to know others struggle with the same things and I know we can overcome them:) PS LOOOOVe the picture:) What a pretty girl:)