Howdy! Happy 5th O'July. I am currently awaiting a nice dip in the pool, till then I want to share with you another one of my thrifted finds here on the Thrifted Files.
Last weekend we went on a wild garage sale adventure, pretty much. We started out in our neighborhood and drove all the way over to about three towns away. At first we were hitting horrible sales, people selling things for way to much, come on its a garage sale. They would not budge, would not bargain, they need to go get schooled in yard sale
etiquette. Eventually we did hit some good sales, and I was able to find some interesting things.
One of my favorite finds that morning was this Graceland/Elvis tumbler. Its all 24K gold overlay and in perfect condition. To me it screams kitschy, I mean come on, its an Elvis glass. This tumbler is made by a company called Culver glassware, they were a very popular glass company in the fifties producing tons of glassware with gold detailing on them. Now a days, these glasses are very hard to come by, at least in good condition because over the years people have placed these pieces in their dishwasher, ruining the gold overlaying.
So I took it home, cleaned it up a little(hand washing only) and added it to the shop. These are the kind of things I love coming across, love looking into, and love sharing with others.
*4th of July post below*
Last weekend we went on a wild garage sale adventure, pretty much. We started out in our neighborhood and drove all the way over to about three towns away. At first we were hitting horrible sales, people selling things for way to much, come on its a garage sale. They would not budge, would not bargain, they need to go get schooled in yard sale
etiquette. Eventually we did hit some good sales, and I was able to find some interesting things.
One of my favorite finds that morning was this Graceland/Elvis tumbler. Its all 24K gold overlay and in perfect condition. To me it screams kitschy, I mean come on, its an Elvis glass. This tumbler is made by a company called Culver glassware, they were a very popular glass company in the fifties producing tons of glassware with gold detailing on them. Now a days, these glasses are very hard to come by, at least in good condition because over the years people have placed these pieces in their dishwasher, ruining the gold overlaying.
So I took it home, cleaned it up a little(hand washing only) and added it to the shop. These are the kind of things I love coming across, love looking into, and love sharing with others.
*4th of July post below*
2 comments:
ahh this is such a great find. :) happy fourth!
LOVE it! What a fun day!
ARE YOU DYING OF HEAT YET???
Post a Comment