Thursday, December 31, 2009

10 years have come and gone.

So this New Years is bitter sweet to me. It puts an end to an era for me, and that era would be my twenties. I turned thirty on Monday, and no I am not depressed about this at all, it has not even phased me, ok maybe it did a few moments ago when I signed into Youtube and it said "Age: 30" When did that happen??? Anyway I can still remember 2000, just turning twenty and just coming into my own. It was a wild ride:)


(New years eve circa 2000)


(Me circa 30th Birthday 2009)

This past year was a roller coaster of ups and downs.


We lost a friend.


I lost a great uncle



I made some great new friends through scrap booking as well as non scrap booking related:)


I traveled a bit more then I usually do, and got to see some great places. It has made me want to go and see even more, far beyond the states(one day)






I watched one of my very best friend's change in
a good way and become a mom, it still feels strange. It feels like just yesterday we were trying to sneak into the house at 4 in the morning after a night out at the clubs.





I started to read a whole lot more, and now I feel lost as soon as I finish a book and must pick u
p a new one ASAP!



I became a commuter once again, and have had many a stressful days and then days where I sat next to someone interesting. I don't mind chit chatting with someone with somethin
g good to say!

I learned a lot as usual, and I know I have a lot
more to learn.

I think I can pretty much go on and on if I really pick my brain. There were good times and of course not so good time
s but hey that's life!

I look forward to the New Year.

I look forward to what my thirties will bring me(I just
hope they don't go as fast as my twenties)

I look forward to spending more time with all my new fabulous scrappy friends.






I look forward to new adventures, especially one in particular that will involve a 23 hour train ride to Florida in April with my boyfriend.



I look forward to being more creative, learning new skills, especially learning my new camera.



I look forward to reading more books.

I look forward to all that the new year has to offer.

I want to wish every single one of you a very Happy New Year!!! The best is yet to come:)


Last night I had a great fortune in my cookie at PF Chang's:) It said:
"Don't look for Happiness, create it"

Sounds good to me!!!!
Blog ya next year!





8 comments:

Breanne Crawford said...

happy belated birthday!! hope the new year brings you everything you wish for and more!!

bethchien said...

awww love the recap and the photos!! i am so glad i met you! I hope we get together again this year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, LOVE!
(oh and I got your text, but I was too intoxicated to know how to text back) ahahaha
B

Vanessa said...

your blog looks cute! great recap! Happy Birthday, cute pic of you and the cake too! I miss you muchly so early this new year I might just have to make a visit

and haha my kaptcha (or whatever its called) word is GOTHY

Anonymous said...

yeeeeeaaaahh...here's to Chicago recap this summer. can't belive I need to wait 7 months before I get my Patty fix...
awesome list, I need to do a recap or resolution post...hmmmm...
Ava says hi, I told her I was posting to you...she should be asleep.
loves and happy 2010!!!!

jen geigley said...

okay, that fortune is PERFECT! ad I've gotta say, 2009 was pretty good - I feel like I've gained new friends who I'll have for life, and that's pretty amazing. miss you, happy birthday and here's to another rad year! (virtual cheers ... *clink!*)

Anonymous said...

hi Patty, this is McKaylah, Danielle's daughter. I like your Hello Kitty cake. Do you like Hello Kitty. Ava loves Hello Kitty. I like Hello Kitty, too.
I hope one day I can come to New York and meet you. I love New York. I see you have a photobooth picture, too. We like photobooths a lot. Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Amy said...

patty, you have to let me know when you come down to florida! maybe we can meet up! :)

Denise said...

Happy New Year and Happy 30's...They are fantastic-if your twenties were good, your 30's will be better!!