Monday, August 17, 2009

So long, farewell Monday:)

Moving right along.......................on to Tuesday I say! This weekend was a good one for one reason and pretty much one reason only, I saw one of my very best friend's finally after a few months. This particular friend has come so far and I am very proud of her and I really look up to her for just how much she is hanging in and getting by. It was well worth the worst subway ride pretty much ever(yes I know I said I would not complain about the city anymore, however its really the summers in the city that kill me) The heat was killer and I wasn't feeling all that well to begin with, but as soon as I sat down on the couch directly across from her it was just so nice, I missed it. To reconnect with someone that you were so close with for about 10 years now(I am talking like sister close, and no, no one will ever be like my real sister, but you get what I am saying) is just so refreshing and so almost like going home I suppose I should say. And that's pretty much all I have to say about that:)



After I left her place I headed on around the Brooklyn Bridge park and got some photos, but the sun was so bright and in my eyes, and they just didn't come out so great. But non the less they are of one of the most beautiful bridges I have ever laid my eyes on. I watched a show last month on the History channel about the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge, it really blew me away and actually made me appreciate this structure so much more. So that's that.



(This is actually a view of the Manhattan Bridge)



(these images are the Brooklyn Bridge)





There was art sculptures on display in the Brooklyn Bridge park, this one caught my eye. It was a sort of quilt soft sculpture made from found fabric and steel rods. You can read more about it here, it will explain it to you better then I can. Very inspir
ing and beautiful in person.




Today on the way home from work I listened to the newest Craft Sanity podcast and it was just so eye opening and interesting. It was about this family of 8, mom and dad both graduated art school and decided to live as artists(not working for the corporate world)and give it their all to live a life they love. They have 6 children all of which are un schooled as they put it, and the whole family creates! They also live very natural, self sustaining, and have so many great views on life that I just never really thought about. I highly recommend you listen to the podcast or at least head on over to their blog or their Flickr.

I just wanted to give a little shout out to my sister. She is referred to by me as the bead lady, haha. She creates really pretty jewelry, my favorite happen to be the rings and earrings she makes. She has finally opened up an Art Fire store called "Pleased to bead you" because as she says, she is pleased to take custom orders(pretty cute) Anyway, with the holidays around the bend, why not pick up something for someone on your list or just for yourself?

Well I am off to try and work on my mini album, but first off to make some iced coffee. Have a great night!!

Oh and you thought I would leave with out posting some music??

Lissy Trullie


3 comments:

bethchien said...

Hi baby!!! I am loving those pics you took! they look amazing!
And your sis makes some beautiful jewelry..too bad I am broke as a joke. lol
That family of artists is really interesting. I am about to go check out their flickr.
Hope you are having a great day, sweetie!
B

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pics, it looks like old vintage-y pics-I love that over-exposed blown out look. Glad you got to hang out with your old friend-always great to reconnect.
Tell me when you get more minutes, I'll call you...

jen geigley said...

I want to come to NYC!