Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Show and tell time.

Well I did three layouts in one week. Hmmmmmm, that seems like alot to me, but I know there are quite a few people out there that can do more then that in a night. I think part of it is my past art school experience, trying to get everything right, then in the end it doesn't end up right. I really fiddled around with these, I tried to stay away from gesso and over doing it. I am proud of myself. I mean I still stitched(luckily this time I used a paper piercer) so that took some time, but other then that, they took under 2 hours. Ok, ok, on to the showing part. You can click on the images to see them larger(as if you didnt know already? hehe).....................................



"Love Birds"

This one is to honor the relationship that my boyfriend has with my sister's African Grey Parrot, Chicken(yes thats its name) Will is a huge animal love and he has a special spot in his heart for birds. Chicken is a chatter and Will loves to chat with her everytime we visit my sister. I snapped this photo awhile back of him sitting up by the cage talking with her. Finally got around to scrapping it, and it gave him a good laugh. The journaling says "Will and Chicken BFFs"



"Good Day Sunshine"



Finally dug into that Sassafras I bought at Sisiversary. Bright and sunny with a picture of Melissa(my good friend) lounging on the lawn of the Ben and Jerry's factory in Vermont.




"Vintage Love"


Well it appears that I doubled scrapped the same photo. Oh well. After I did this one, I remembered scrapping the same photo just last week. But whatever. I finally cut up some of that Sassafras frame pattern paper with all the cute vintage images in them. Love this paper.


And speaking of bikes, check this out............................
....


You can be entered to win one of these beauties, so just head on over to the Lovely list for details.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I super love all those layouts, but the bike and ben and jerry's are extra somethin' special...

Mandi Johnson said...

eeek! Love that last one! Who cares if you scrapped that photo. The experience of it is fun, eh? :)

dani said...

Love them! awesome stuff.
that bike is crazy cool - I've been wanting to bike ride more and more these days, now that I live in town!

Anonymous said...

Love these:) Three is a lot to me. I am proud if I get one done a week. So, wish I could be one of those power page makers. There so you, coming out on the page:) love the Will bird lay-out, Will the bird whisperer:) And there is nothing wrong with scrapping the same pic:)

Unknown said...

ooOoOooOoo.... totally diggin' your vintage love LO- awesome!