Thursday, August 6, 2009

Heres to you John Hughes!!

I cant believe John Hughes has passed away. His movies were such a staple in my life especially my childhood growing up in the 80's.
Jake Ryan was my first ever huge crush, and I wasn't the only girl. I wanted to be like Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink, so hip and creative. I loved Uncle Buck like he was my own uncle, what a love able character. Gosh I can go on and on, Vacation, Ferris, Mr Mom, Home alone, so on and so on.

May you rest in peace, you will be missed.

Heres to you John Hughes.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...seriously??? He is a huge staple in our movie collection-we watched Pretty and Pink last night and Ferris about 2 times amonth. We even got the 2 box sets for McKaylah and me for Xmas. Bummer. McKaylah is going to be so sad...
he was the best-THE BEST!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry my phone cut out on you tonight, weird...

Anonymous said...

Bueller, Bueller...

Bekka said...

This made me sad. Loved his films. The Breakfast Club will always be one of my favorites. And Ferris Beuller. And Pretty in Pink. The list goes on.

Lori W said...

ME TOO. all of the above. I {heart} Jake Ryan.
John Hughes was such an icon. His movies were such a part of my teenage years! xo

Anonymous said...

I am so so so sad. Thank you for the heads up. I remember going to 16 candles with my parents. *and my mom covering my eyes during the one nude scene:) Ah Jake Ryan!!!!! Those movies were such a part of my childhood too:) so many memories. He was such a 80's icon.