Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well how about an AC DT tryout recap.


I just wanted to say that I have seen quite a few of my friends try out for this team, and I will be happy to see someone, anyone of us get onto it.
I am so happy to have made a great group of scrappy, crafty girl friends, you fill that niche in my life:) hehe. I think I had this talk with Vanessa over our Olive Garden lunch, I didn't think I would ever have friends who I can talk about paper designs with, or different layout techniques. I mean I love my friends out here in NY, but they just don't get me sometimes when it comes to the paper things I do. So best of luck to all of you! You really inspire me:)


And here is just my photo roundup of what I sent off to AC.

I had alot of Moda Bella paper from AC(Classic and Flirty). I love the bright colors and especially the hounds tooth patterned paper. I also picked up some Rock star rub ons while in Tenn. They remind me of my childhood back in the eighties. How can you not love cassette tapes and Rubik's cube, oh and ring pops??? Come on!!



A little pink Sleek Moda Bella Hounds tooth, some Back yard Sizzle and a smidgensmidgen of Moda Bella Timeless (yes a smidgen) I mixed in some vintage items, some doilies, gesso and stitching. I had fun doing this one, because I am all about getting messy with paint.



Some Moda Bella butterflies:) (Sleek and Timeless) All decked out with sequin bodies, vintage music sheet background and By the yard white fabric Thickers. Now I just need a place to hang this one.


A "Hello" card made from Textured AC white card stock. Flowers made from Moda bella Bold paper. Some hand stitched stems with leaves, a little picket white fence and a doily cloud:) Now who shall I send this to?

And there you have it, I like how this challenged me to get things done.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I think you did a beautiful job on your entry! Good luck!

Nikki

bethchien said...

You sent off some amazing submissions. Good girl!
B

dani said...

Good Luck!! This is all such beautiful stuff - love it all.

Anonymous said...

I soooooo know what you are saying about having crafty friends:) They are a god sent, my friends here think I have lost my mind, My bestest Crystal always enjoyed telling people I was at crafting conventions- latch hooking:) then when they see what I am up too. they'll always surprised-hey thats cool:) sorta thing.

I love that you submitted to AC. Cool stuff girl. And sooo love the moda bella line too. Wonderful what you did with it. And that cassette tape and rubik's cube embellishments rule:) Ah the 80's. so many memories.... you know I am rooting for you on the dt tryout!!!!!!!!!!