Monday, July 20, 2009

My vaca is almost over!

So I have been off for about 2 and a half weeks now, this will all end on Thursday:( Sorta sad about that but at the same time, I am ready to get back into the city and back to work. I think its also because I love my job so much, and I adore the little girl I take care of, I am starting to miss my days with her. With that said, I feel like I have accomplished alot on my time off. This past week me and my mom took a little trip to Lancaster, PA where we shopped alot and did some sight seeing. I actually just finished editing some pictures that I took while there and now its time to post a photo blog post:)






Lots and lot of beautiful farm land. Most of them owned and run without electricity by the Amish and Menonites.

We stayed at the Steam Boat Inn, which looked like one of Fulton's steamboats. Even the inside was decked out sort of like the Titanic.


One of my favorite parts of the trip besides antique shopping, was taking a ride on the Strasburg Rail. The train dates back to 1910 and the railroad back to 1832 I believe. It has a whole lot of history behind it, and the ride takes you right through lots of farm land.


(my mom)






We did a drive through Hershey, mainly to go to this huge antique store. In the past we already did the whole Hershey tour and park thing.





And of course I had fun in one of the many cheesy tourist gift shops...................................


So it was a great trip. I think we must have went to about 10 antique stores in 3 days(maybe more) and I got to add to my ever growing collection of vintage photos(of which I will share with you soon) And on the very last day I got to have lunch with this super sweet and fun girl. We chatted alot about paper, haha, and coffee and all of our favorite girls:) Cant wait till Chicago in September!

I actually have tons of pictures, so if you really want to, go and take a peek over here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay the pictures are up:) what a wonderful trip for you and your Mom:) It is great that we had our Mom trips around the same time. I can't wait to see all the photo's you picked up:)

Anonymous said...

awww...hershey park. we've been there for the last 3 summers. fun, huh? smells like chocolate the town.
awww...so fun ya got to see V-super loves her...i'm dying for Septmeber, too!

bethchien said...

Loving all the pics!! I sooo wish I could go to Chicago in Sept!!
I think I am going to LA to see Michelle around that time.
glad you had a wonderful long vacay!
Talk to you soon!
B

Mandi Johnson said...

weeee! Looks like fun!

Vanessa said...

YAY!!! i'm so glad we got to have lunch together! even if I was super late, good thing i brought the cofee to kiss up hehe

SEPTEMBER!!!! less than 2 months!