Friday, September 12, 2008

A piece of cake!


That is what my first OFFICIAL first week of work has been. I actually enjoyed it, I mean come on, I get to make puppets, run around, play hide and seek, read books, make jewelry........................why of course, I'm a child care provider:) Tonight a made a lovely blue wooden bead bracelet and some really neat paper lanterns shaped as pumpkins.

Oh don't even think I have gone into detail of what it is I do. Well I basically sit for two families that live in SoHo(one of my very most favorite parts of the city) The first family has a baby, and I love those mornings where I just take care of the baby, I just melt! Then its on to watching two girls, a 3 year old and a 6 year old. Its definitely more energy, but it keeps me on my toes, and at the end of the night I feel like I did alot that day.

So, for my first week of work I treated myself to one of the below bags, the blue one. There is a LeSport Sac store right in SoHo, so I was able to walk in and scope them out before purchasing and I just had to get it. Its practical yet my style, fun, colorful, artsy, wonderful!

It was pouring rain out, and it was just one of those surreal evenings. As I am walking with my new purchase in its black and white flashy Le Sport Sac bag, I look up and exchange glances with Frodo...........................ok, ok, ElijahWood. He peered up as we were crossing paths, and there were his blue eyes. I just acted all calm like "whatever" but as soon as I got across the street, I was on the phone with Will to let him know. This was just one out of three sightings since I started. On Monday it was the actor who plays Bobby on the Sopranos and on Sunday it was the actor who plays the eldest son in "The Squid and the Whale" Its SoHo, the land of the celebs. Cant wait to see who else I see, it reminds me of the days of going to F.I.T, me and my friends would always spot celebs out. We were never, and I'm still never the type to actually approach them, I feel they should just be able to go on their day just like you and me. But I have to say I still act all giddy when it happens.

4 comments:

jen geigley said...

OMG, that's just awesome! I'd be giddy too. And you know he does a dancey-dance... the puppet master.

Shaina Longstreet said...

i'm jealous of you bag...and that you get to spend your days in SoHo. enjoy my friend!!

Wendy said...

that is toooooooo cooollll!!!!

dani said...

Dude, that's a crazy story, to just randomly see Frodo! whoa.

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj