Thursday, July 3, 2008

One for the road!

Two weeks on vacation in California and now two weeks of moving(hopefully less) I am heading back to NY, which I'm very happy and excited about and also sad at the same time. This is not unexpected, it had been thought over and pretty much expected for awhile now. I look forward to new beginnings and being a New Yorker again, CT is pretty dull and boring for my tastes and I miss being somewhere that has more happening. So before I head out I am leaving you with another photo over loaded entry. I will not have access to my laptop(but I will have access to the Internet on a desk top) and therefore my hard drive that has all my California images, so I just wanted to get as many more on here as I could before I wont be able to. OK, off to pack!


Fisherman's Wharf in beautiful San Fransisco!











This would be the lovely island that is home to Alcatraz, and yes that there would be Alcatraz where good ole Al Capone spent a little vacation time:)



These machines are from the museum of Mechanisms. This museum housed all the old games and such that were at Playland in San Fransisco. I highly recommend visiting this FREE Museum at which you are allowed to still play all the games for only a quarter each. I mean they had machines from the early 1900's there(pretty darn cool) Another awesome thing they had there were the old, old photo booths which still work. You can believe that I sure as hell sat in them and got my pictures taken!







The above image is from Boudin Sourdough Bakery, the supposed first people to bake fresh bread one the pier??? Oh, or was it the first to serve the soup bowl in the bread? Hmmmm, anywho this image is of the massive windows they had out front that showed you them making the bread right in front of you. This were shaped as various sea creatures!!! ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Had to do the Fish and chips for Will, and they were pretty damn good.







This is for you Will


Views of the pier, gorgeous!



The sea lions, what a show they gave. These guys took over the docks down at the piers a few years ago(not quite sure when) But these docks used to house boats and people would come and go, until the sea lions came along and stole the docks to chill and relax.


This sea lion was suchhhhhhhhhhh a drama queen, seriously! It was laying there like it fainted and it kept on doing it, maybe it escaped from Sea World?!














WWII Ships




This is a WWII submarine, pretty tight quarters!
And that concludes this picture post, more at a later date:)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures came out great, I am soooo excited to see what good pictures my camera can take. You will have to give me a course in using it, its still in the box,ha! ha!ha! Good luck moving, Love ya!