Tuesday, February 12, 2008

All you need is love layout!


I finished!!!!! It took me about 4 days with many breaks in the middle. This is my first page I have ever done and Im alright with it, I wouldnt say Im all "wow" with it, im just like "ok ive done it and it looks good, time for more" I basically wanted to finally jump in and test the waters and I discovered and in doing so that enjoyed it very much in deed. In the beginning I layed it all out and looked at it a few times before actually gluing it all down. I did change the background paper from what I first chose and showed you in the post from a few days ago. Then I went and started laying out the buttons and sewing those on, after that process my fingers were sore as hell and I was done for a bit. I moved on to placing the letters down and sewing the stem and leaves on for the flower, my fingers became human pin cushions by then:) So all of that got done and there I was sitting and staring at this layout and wondering what in the world do I do to it now without making it look all muddled and over loaded?! Thats when I got fustrated and started to think maybe Im not cut out for this at all. I started placing border stickers around the main subject, a few more buttons there, a quote here and then I stepped back one last time and it sang to me and said "im done" yes the paper sang!!! haha.
With that all behind me now the ideas are flooding in and the urge to on going is in full effect. Watch out!!!!!


You can read the nitty gritty details on this layout over at my Flickr account!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did it! Amazing job Luv :-) Looking forward to the rest of the book. Keep up the great work!

Paz said...

ahhhh its stalker WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha. I was planning on gifting it to you for V day poop head

takewrning said...

Oh, it's so cute- makes me instantly smile!

♥♥♥ jEn ♥♥♥ said...

that is such a cute 1st page... how exciting, you must be sooo proud!! girl you are such a rising star!! =) xox