Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday feeling like Sunday.

I'm in bit of a funk, not in the mood to do not a thing. I went and saw "27 Dresses" today which was cute, and simply that..................cute. You never have to twist my arm to go to any romantic comedy no matter how bad they are. I am a huge sucker for a good cheesy, sticky, oooey gooey, boy meets girl wholesome flick once in awhile. Katherine Heigl and James Marsden are both good in this movie and dare I say adorable together?! It was worth my $8.50 and the amount of money it cost for a small popcorn:)
I really stocked up on paints and brushes this weekend as well as a huge block of clay that I have yet to sink my fingers into except for when I split it up to store it in bags. It has called out to me a few times these past few days but my creative energy has taken a huge vacation and my brain seems blank with ideas.

When I bought the clay there was an ongoing list in my head of all the new things I would sculpt, but then nothing, well at least for today, right?

I have faith that by the end of the week many things will have taken form from it, in due time.
This weekend I was gifted a great little bag from Will that I can put some art supplies in, I am going to use it for my sculpting carry around bag, it has cute pockets on the outside for my tools and the inside is lined with a plastic material which is perfect for wiping down so I can carry some clay with me if I decide to do some work in another room. I was very surprised to also receive his cherished Muppet figures from when he was a kid, they were secretly chilling out inside this new bag!!! I will have pictures up soon of all these great things, especially the Muppet's which I promised to take good care of.

So now its getting late and Monday is settling down and the weekend will be officially over. I am just trying to relax and get out of this mood(hopefully it will just go away by tomorrow)
One of my very favorite movies is playing............................ "The Science of Sleep" If you have not seen this movie, go and rent it, buy it, whatever it is you have to do in order to watch a movie:)

Gael García Bernal (Stephane) who played the role of a young Che in "The Motorcycle Diaries"(I recommend almost every movie he has been in)and Charlotte Lucy Gainsbourg (Stephanie) who starred in a French flick titled"Happily Ever After" play two very artistic creative individuals
who develop an intriguing relationship.
Stephane lives in a world of dreams and reality and the movies takes you along for a colorful,creative ride with him.
Its worth a viewing when you need some picking up or inspiration.

3 comments:

Leigh-Ann said...

i rented the silence of sleep...but was too tired to watch it. ironic. lol. i will rent it again...sometime. it definately looks good. i also wanna see "once" and "eagle vs. shark" and i bought "waitress" but haven't watched it yet. so many good ones... :)
happy tuesday Bright Eyes :)
LA :)

Paz said...

Oh love "Waitress" Wonderful down to the soul sort of movie!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!

♥♥♥ jEn ♥♥♥ said...

hi patty! =)

i cant wait to see 27 dresses...hopefully this wkend! and gotta see juno too...yeah i am soooo behind in movies right now lol!

and i have so many movies i wanna see...so i might just go & buy them (and HD whenever they are available) rather than renting...gotta have across the universe, waitress, amelie, science of sleep (i also rented it & was too tired to watch it...crazy lol)...so many. so always share...cause we have such similar tastes & i always love to hear of cool movies...

xoxo

ps-cant wait to see more of what you are creating...i'm starting wking on an art journal now & i'm totally addicted...soooo fun & freeing! =)

miss ya...xoxo