Colored Sprinkles is becoming my baby and with each day I look forward to adding more stories, art, pictures, as well as interviews and in the process getting to know great creative people along the way.
And with that said I introduce you to:

Kaylah
Kaylah creates one of a kind sewn items such as her popular Monsters. She is also into creating fun and funky jewlery, pins, and on of my favorites......................her own line of plugs. She is a quirky, happy go lucky girl but she seems to have a hint of just about the right amount of toughness(in my opinion) Her stuff caught my eye on her myspace page as well as her ETSY page. One can definetly find a wide variety of items for the perfect one of a kind gift for that special friend or even family member!!
SO continue on and learn more about this newest featured artist on Colored Sprinkles, and thank you!
Bio
Name: Kaylah.
Age: Younger than you'd think.
Where you call home: A humble little home in Ohio with my parents, grandpa and my kitten, Squid.
Favorite saying at the moment or always: I don't really have any
Any nicknames?: My Dad calls me Buper..My mom says it's because when I was young they'd put a wash cloth on my head and call me "super baby"... I dunno, my family is strange.
So most people have a bad habbit, what would yours be assuming you have one and want to share it: Being impatient. I give up a lot of things, like knitting for one because I can't stand waiting.
Band most listened to as of lately: Smashing Pumpkins, as always and forever.
My famous 8 questions
1. So you just learned how to sew less than half a year ago, what started you? How did you learn? any sewing injuries(sewed fingers, ect:) I started marking pillows, I have sooo many it's ridiculous. They were/are just so easy and quick to make. My dad taught me, well, I take that back. I taught myself and my dad helped me with stuff I couldn't figure out. Luckily I've never really hurt myself with my sewing machine (watch tomorrow I'll get my finger caught)
2. I noticed you have a variety of items you make and sell, which of them where your favorite to create? which gives you the most satisfaction when your done and you look at it? I love making monsters. They're my favorite. But my paintings give the most satisfaction, although I don't have many listed because I just cannot let them go. But I guess they are monsters too..
3. How do you come up with your monster designs??? Do you carry a sketch book with you to remember ideas? Or do you just go crazy and draw the designs out on fabric and go from there? The designs come from who knows where, I've always had a very vivid imagination and I guess I have little monsters lurking in it. I don't really know how the monster will look until it's done. I hate planning things. So I usually just sit down and it's personality and looks all depend on how I'm feeling at the moment.
4. You are the first artist so far who I found that makes plugs, do you happen to wear your own made ones? Do they sell well?? Actually as bad as this sounds I don't wear the plugs I make. The clay is much too heavy for my big ole lobes...............
I used to wear my own jewelry when my ears were smaller but after I got past one inch I couldn't wear them (hence why nothing I sell is larger than one inch). I actually haven't sold any online yet, but I did sell about 50 pairs to a local tattoo shop. As of right now my dad makes my plugs out of wood. 5. Each of your monsters has a name and personality type or cute catchy story to go with them, how do you conjour them up? DO you just look at them and think "hey he looks like a Bob Dylan listener" I personally think it gives them a little more fun and interest! Well, I absolutely love writing little stories about my monster, honestly I think it may be my favorite part. Their personalities are purely based on how I'm feeling at the moment. I actually think I may have been listening to Bob Dylan when I wrote about Albin.
6. Are there any new art techniques you would love to learn and start using? I'd love to learn to silkscreen, it's my next thing I'm determined to conquer. Hopefully by the end of winter I'll be doing that.
7. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Still creating? A well known artist?? Owning your own business? In five years I really hope to be married with children still selling on etsy, making bigger and better monsters and owning my own tattoo shop where I will pierce and sell all the goodies I make. Hopefully in Seattle.
8. And finally.....all artist and creative people have some sort of inspiration, what would be yours?? I honestly don't know. I guess it might be my brother, he is very artistic and always being praised for it. Growing up with him I was jealous, I wanted to be praised. So I guess thats where it comes from.. Other wise I have no clue.
Kaylah's items can be seen and purchased on here ETSY site:
That concludes Colored Sprinkles second IN DEPTH interview(maybe not so in depth:) with another great one of a kind person!!! Be on the look out for more and more.......... and if you would like to be featured please contact us on our myspace page !!! Or even our email us at coloredsprinklegirl@hotmail.com
Till next time....................have a great day!
2 comments:
cool interview kaylah...and cool shop
Yes Kaylah rocks!
Post a Comment